The below article will guide you on how to install a backup agent on a Linux machine.
NOTE: You should have root access to the Linux machine.
Steps To Follow:
- Login to the panel and Click the “DEVICES” and then click the “+Add” button for adding a new device.
- Select “Linux” under “SERVERS”
- Datanet backup agent (Backup_Agent_for_Linux_x86_64_Beta.bin) will get downloaded.
- Transfer that agent (Backup_Agent_for_Linux_x86_64_Beta.bin) to the LINUX SERVER from WinSCP. Or any other source.
- Go to the terminal as “root” and locate that agent file (Backup_Agent_for_Linux_x86_64_Beta.bin).
- Enter below command
#chmod +x Backup_Agent_for_Linux_x86_64_Beta.bin
Now the installation will begin
Click “Next” for continuing and select “Acronis backup agent for Linux” and click “Next”
Now select “Show registration Code” and copied it.
- Now that code will enter in the Panel which you have logged in
- After clicking “REGISTER” Enter that code here.
- In the Linux terminal, you will see “CONGRATULATIONS” Press “EXIT”.